Registering with the PEI College of Occupational Therapists: Internationally Educated Occupational Therapists

Application Form
LMSA Confirmation Form

As of May 1, 2015, a new assessment process applies to any applicant who has completed their occupational therapy (OT) education outside Canada, including Canadians who travelled outside Canada for their OT education.

Applicants who want to register for practice anywhere in Canada (except Quebec) must now apply to the Association of Canadian Occupational Therapy Regulatory Organizations (ACOTRO) and proceed through the Substantial Equivalency Assessment System (SEAS). Once deemed Substantially Equivalent by ACOTRO, applicants may apply to the provincial regulator of their choice to continue their registration qualification process.

Registration with the College requires the completion of an application form (see above) which is then printed, signed and witnessed and submitted along with all required documents to the Registrar. The Registrar is responsible for presenting information on eligibility to assist the College in making decisions on eligibility and granting registration. | Schedule of Fees

Please contact us for assistance with the registration process.

Get Help from PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada

If you are a new immigrant settling in the province of Prince Edward Island, you can get help from the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada (PEIANC). Their settlement workers and counsellors can help you and your family get settled, find employment, enrol your children in school, and more.

The PEIANC maintains an Online Guide for Newcomers to Canada, where you can find lots of useful information regarding many aspects of living in PEI.

PEI ANC Employment Assistance Services

Employment Counsellors working at the PEIANC can help you go through the process of getting your foreign credentials recognized, and find employment.

PEI OT Online Registration
Were You Educated Outside of Canada?
Online Guide for Newcomers to Canada