Registering with the PEI College of Occupational Therapists: First-time Applicants Educated in Canada
Should you have questions or require assistance, please contact us.
Mail the following information directly to registrar (see address below):
- A photocopy of a birth certificate.
- A colour photocopy of a validated picture ID (current passport or driver's license).
- A completed, signed, and witnessed registration form.
- Official transcripts directly from the university.
- Documentation of successful completion of the National Occupational Therapy Certification Examination (NOTCE) or statement of candidacy to write the NOTCE. Those candidates waiting to write the exam may be provided a provisional license until the exam has been successfully completed if all other registration requirements are met.
- Recent criminal records check including vulnerable sector check (recent means within 6 months of initial application to PEICOT).
- Certificate of professional liability insurance, stating policy number and expiry date.
- If the applicant has been practicing in other Canadian jurisdiction (s): a) a completed regulatory history form is required from each jurisdiction (available from registrar) and b) proof of participation in a jurisdiction's continuing competency program is also required. The applicant may also want to discuss their eligibility to utilize the Labor Mobility Support Agreement process with the registrar.
- Photocopy of degree
- Evidence of meeting currency requirement: (a) graduation from education program within the 18 months preceding application, b) active practice as an OT for at least 600 hours in the three years preceding the date of application, or c) successful completion of a refresher/re-entry program within the 18 months preceding the date of application
- Proof of proficiency in English language
Prince Edward Island College of Occupational Therapists
PO Box 2248, Stn Central