Employment Opportunity: Occupational Therapist – Registrar
Deadline to apply: 30 May 2022
The Prince Edward Island College of Occupational Therapists regulates the profession to ensure the public receives safe, effective, and ethical occupational therapy services.
The College is seeking applications from occupational therapists for the position of Registrar. Reporting to the Council, the Registrar is responsible for all management, operational functions and duties of the College in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Therapist Regulations, Bylaws, and policies. The Registrar provides leadership and support to the Council, its committees, and registrants to implement the strategic priorities of the College. The major responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- Manage the College’s registration process in accordance with Regulated Health Professions Act and the Occupational Therapist Regulations;
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of all College committees and programs;
- Facilitate the development of practice standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, and discussion documents;
- Work with the Treasurer to oversee the College’s financial affairs and administer the budget in a cost-effective manner i.e. enter data into Quickbooks, provide quarterly reports/other reports, draft budget, etc.;
- Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Continuing Competence Program;
- Coordinate and oversee the complaints and disciplinary process of the College in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act;
- Work collaboratively with regional, provincial, and national organizations, partners, and stakeholders;
- Provide education and support to registrants.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy or acceptable equivalent from a recognized University;
- Eligible for registration with the Prince Edward Island College of Occupational Therapists;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in occupational therapy roles;
- Preference will be given to experience in professional practice leadership, program development, or administrative roles;
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skill;
- Travel both within and outside the province is required.
This is a part-time position and the Registrar will have flexibility in structuring their time to meet the needs of the College and its committees. The College offers a competitive salary and support for continuing professional development.
Interested candidates should provide a resume and apply in writing to Dawna Woodside by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th, 2022.