About The Society
Established in 1973, the Prince Edward Island Occupational Therapy Society (PEIOTS) is a provincial professional association representing occupational therapists on Prince Edward Island.
The Society promotes the occupational therapy profession, represents the interests of its members to health care decision-makers, connects members with each other and supports members' professional development needs.
- To promote the profession of occupational therapy in the province of Prince Edward Island
- To represent the interests of the membership to governments, educational institutions, other professions, businesses, and to the public
- To support the professional needs of occupational therapists in Prince Edward Island
- To enhance the development and maintenance of liaison/relationships with other groups such as unions, regulators, educators, as well as provincial and national organizations
PEI Occupational Therapy Society Executive Committee
The Prince Edward Island Occupational Therapy Society currently has a five-member executive committee. This committee is a volunteer group of occupational therapists. The society could not operate without the dedicated support of its members.
Current committee members:
- Katie Verhulst, Spokesperson and PAC Representative
- Colleen MacPherson, Secretary
- Heather Gauthier, Treasurer
- Marilee Miller, CAOT Board Director
- Heather Cutcliffe and Manon Gallant, Co-Chairs for CAOT Conference 2017