News - Updates - Announcements
- CAOT Conference 2017 - June 21-24
- Mar 07 2017
The Prince Edward Island Occupational Therapy Society is organizing the CAOT 2017 conference.
Some things to experience on PEI around the Conference:
- New Websites and Online Registration System
- Apr 11 2016
- Both the PEIOT Society and PEIOT Registration Board websites now have a new look and lots of new information for occupational therapists, OT clients and their caregivers, and the general public. The PEIOT Registration Board has also developed a new online registration system for occupational therapists practicing in the province of Prince Edward Island, Canada, which will be used for all registration renewals from now on. First-time applicants educated in Canada still have to contact the Registrar directly and submit all necessary documentation. Note that the process of registration for internationally educated occupational therapists involves additional steps.
- New Program for Health Professionals — Driving Rehabilitation Therapy
- Apr 08 2016
- A Driving Rehabilitation Therapy program, the only program of its kind, for licensed and/or regulated health care professionals (OT, PT, SLP) and other professionals working in rehabilitation settings is being offered by Western's School of OT. The application deadline for the Driving Rehabilitation Therapy program is June 30 (for September program start). More information
- OT Technician Paul Hughes Receives Award
- Jun 22 2015
On June 22nd, 2015 Paul Hughes, OT Technician at the QEH, was the recipient of The PEI Council of People with Disabilities Honorary Service Award in recognition of his many years of volunteer work with maintaining their Snoezelen Room. Congratulations Paul!
- Annual General Meeting - June 2015
- Jun 16 2015
PEIOT Society Members posing for a group photo at the Annual General Meeting 2015
- The Joy Mill Award
- Jun 16 2015
Occupational Therapist, Heather Cutcliffe, receiving the Joy Mill Award for Outstanding Contribution to Occupational Therapy on Prince Edward Island during Occupational Therapy Month in October. Manon Gallant, left, Spokesperson for the PEIOTS, presents Ms. Cutcliffe with the award. The award is dedicated to Joy Mill, an Occupational Therapist, who passed away in 2013.